Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:38:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        kris@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org, marcel@FreeBSD.org, qa@FreeBSD.org, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: cputype=486

On 13-Mar-01 Larry Rosenman wrote:
> So, we agree that it is wrong for the cross stuff to use host libraries
> when building tools that will run on the target?  Marcel seemed to
> indicate that this was fine.  I think that it is wrong.  Will a note be
> added at least for 4.3 to note this for the naive  novice user?
>
> Meanwhile, I'm building a non-PPro optimized set, and installing my 486
> to current -STABLE.

Well, no, the cross tools are built properly.  The problem is that we need to
build an entire new set of 'install tools' in addition to the cross tools and
use those during installworld instead of the cross tools.  This is not
a trivial task atm and we are too close to release to get it done and checked
in.