Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:43:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Guangrui Fu <guangruifu@yahoo.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aironet 340

Hi,

Thanks all for the reply. I got 1 Aironet 340 pccard
works.

However, I can not get two work together. I need to
wireless interfaces, and when I inserted the 2nd
Aironet 340 pccard, it complains "No free
configuration for card Cisco Systems". Could anyone
please help?

Another question, I tried to use 1 IP address for two
network interface, 1 wired, 1 wireless. amazingly both
interface can send and receive packets at the same
time. while I tried with two wired interface, it can
only send from 1 interface and receive from another.
Could anyone explain what should be the right scenario
in this case: one static IP address for two network
interface? why wired and wireless cards give different
reaction?

Thanks in advance,

G.

--- Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org> wrote:
> In message
> <20010406172251.17567.qmail@web3105.mail.yahoo.com>
> Guangrui Fu writes:
> : Could anyone please let me know how to install
> Cisco
> : Aironet 340 wireless pccard in FreeBSD 4.2?
> Thanks.
>
> Assuming that you have a properly configure pccard
> world:
> 	Remove it from the wrappings and slide it into the
> slot.
>
> I had to ancontrol the network name to be "" rather
> than ANY since ANY
> didn't seem to work.  Other than that, I've had good
> luck with these
> cards in infrastructure mode.
>
> I've had zero luck with them in ad-hoc mode.
>
> Warner

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-mobile" in the body of the
message