Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 22:51:46 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Jim Mock <mij@osdn.com>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>, doc@FreeBSD.org, nik@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: broken porter's handbook

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 12:58:28PM -0400, Jim Mock wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 at 00:44:50 -0500, Bill Fumerola wrote:
> > doc guys,
> >=20
> > there seems to be a little deja-vu in:
> > 	http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/
> >=20
> > can we get this fixed before the release?
>=20
> I just checked out an up-to-date copy of the doc repo and can't
> duplicate this locally.  I'm guessing it's probably been fixed since the
> copy on hub built last, or there's some sort of funkiness on hub that I
> don't have locally.
>=20
> This has happened with /handbook/ at least twice now too, and each time
> it's been pointed out I've built a copy locally and don't have the
> messed up index.  Nik, is there anything in particular that causes this
> to happen?

I've never been able to duplicate this locally, or on any other machines
I build the docs on.  Perhaps it's a malloc (or equivalent) failing when
the docs build on freefall, because freefall does tend to get hammered
periodically.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--