Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 19:07:15 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: problem starting Xserver

On Thursday 10 May 2001 18:38, Eric Boucher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a big problem. My Xserver doesn't want to start
> no more when I try to start it with the startx
> command. In the error message, it is said to delete
> the file .X0-lock in the /tmp directory and try to
> start it again. Even if I delete it, it didn't want to
> start. Can somebody help me.
>
> Thanks

What  XFree86 release are you running?
Did you change/upgrade, if so to what version?
Did you change any hardware?
What is your video card?
What is the full text of dmesg from startx?
What version of FreeBSD are you running, on what machine?

You need to supply more information for us to help you.

Beech

     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510