Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 13:34:41 +0200
From:      "Peter Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        "'Archie Cobbs'" <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: mpd netgraph bridge

Hi Archie,

Let me explain a little bit more.

I use mpd-netgraph to establish a PPTP session to my ADSL provider. When the
session is available, ng0 has the public IP address associated with it.

ifconfig ng0 shows:

	public IP -> some IP

All the traffic on the public IP address needs to be forwarded without
translation to an another ethernet port which has a hardware VPN router that
responds to the public IP address. In both directions there should be no
translation.

I don't think proxy arp will work here. I was hoping to use a set ng hook
mpd-netgraph command to link it to another ethernet port.

Peter