Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/29767: incorrect description of 'standart-supfile'

On 16-Aug-01 Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 07:59:07AM -0700, John Baldwin wrote:
>>
>> On 16-Aug-01 Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
>> > The following reply was made to PR docs/29767; it has been noted by GNATS.
>> >
>> > From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
>> > To: Olexandr Kunytsa <kunia@x-telecom.net>
>> > Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
>> > Subject: Re: docs/29767: incorrect description of 'standart-supfile'
>> > Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:58:13 +0300
>> >
>> >  On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 10:43:03AM +0300, Olexandr Kunytsa wrote:
>> >  >
>> >  > standard-supfile in -stable now gets you the -stable sources, but it
>> >  > is pointed inside the file that it contains "CVSup collections" for
>> >  > current-sources.
>> >  >
>> >  And also in README.  I think that either
>> >
>> >       standard-supfile should be deleted from -STABLE
>> >
>> >  *OR*
>> >       standard-supfile should be (repo)moved to current-supfile
>> >       in -CURRENT, and MFC'ed to -STABLE.  With corrections to
>> >       README.
>>
>> Erm, in the original discussion about this, there was the point that
>> 'standard-supfile' was supposed to follow whatever current branch you were
>> on
>> at the time.  Thus, on 4.x, standard-supfile follows RELENG_4, on 4.3, it
>> follows RELENG_4_3, and on -current it follows HEAD.
>>
> But it doesn't, in fact, follows 4.3 on RELENG_4_3, it's still set to
> RELENG_4 there.  Nor it is to fetch RELENG_4_3 in RELENG_4_3_0_RELEASE.
> And `standard' comes yet from `crypto' times, it assumes `non-standard'.

Of course it doesn't, this was the _proposal_.  I think standard-supfile should
be fixed to do that personally.  Go look at the archives on -arch on this one
though, as there was some sort of decision made.  If you want to bring this all
up again, I suggest you do it on -arch.

> How about this?  For X.Y release, that would be:
>
> release-supfile               RELENG_X_Y_RELEASE

No point, they already have this on their box or via hte CD's or what not, so
no need to cvsup.

> bugfix-supfile                RELENG_X_Y

It's not bugfixes, it's major security fixes only.