Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 21:20:23 -0400
From:      Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why FreeBSD over Redhat Linux?

On 16 September 2001 you wrote:
> the biggest difference to me is installing software.  two words
for you: "RPM Hell".

That's the main reason for me dumping SuSE (which is based on
RPM) and switched to Slackware. But Slack wants to stick GNOME,
KDE, Enlightenment, and all my favorite windowmanagers in /opt
when (IMHO) they belong in /usr/X11R6

Then again, just getting away from RPM is reason enough.
******
Matthew Graybosch [matthew@starbreaker.net]
http://www.starbreaker.net :: where dreams and reality collide

The SNAFU Principle: "True communication is possible only between
equals, because inferiors are more consistently rewarded for
telling their superiors pleasant lies than for telling the
truth."