Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2002 12:55:56 -0500
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to remove MFREE() macro entirely

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 11:54:17PM -0800, David Greenman wrote:
> >    Oh what a tangled web we weave.  This should be really easy for people
> >    to take a quick look at to see if I made any mistakes.  I'm basically
> >    untangling the (small) mess that people made of the code while trying to
> >    use the MFREE() macro over the last N years.
> >
> >    If nobody sees any problems it will go into -current next week some
> >    time and then be MFC'd to stable.
>
>    Looks good to me. I'm definately very much in favor of killing MFREE().

  Absolutely! Especially in light of the fact that in -CURRENT
now-a-days, MFREE() will has no benefits and pretty much ALL the mbuf
macros are deprecated (they just wrap calls to the appropriate
functions). They were really big for macros and actually used to make
things slower by busting the cache.

--
Bosko Milekic
bmilekic@unixdaemons.com