Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:16:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      burningclown@westhost43.westhost.net
Cc:        Glenn Becker <chexmix@burningclown.com>, <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ignorant networking Qs

<snip>

> Are you configured for IPv6 (0? If you are configed for IPv6 (options
> INET6) but only connected to an IPv4 router, and the site you are
> trying to reach has an AAAA record in DNS, there was a problem of the
> system falling over to the lo0 interface (Oops!).
>
> There is a fix...but I don't seem to be able to find it.
>
> If you think this is the problem, I'll search my archive and see if I
> can find it.

got it fixed ,,, it was simply a weird entry in /etc/hosts

my main worry now is the weird stuff i'm getting from bootup re: my linux
'slices' ... i attribute this to the fact that i stupidly deleted my swap
partition from the FreeBSD side (because it looked bizarre ...:()) and
then had to recreate it. Now the linux partitions, which FreeBSD lists as
ad0s1 and ad0s2 (/ and swap) are apparently 'all wrong' from FreeBSD's
POV. I tried reinstalling FreeBSD - no help. I may try reinstalling
Slacwkware tonight, but am concerned lest this will require YET ANOTHER
reinstall of FreeBSD!

... i'm weary of reinstalling and so is the laptop ... :)