Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:03:20 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        praveen polishetty <poli_praveen@yahoo.com>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Regarding freeBSD

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 15:01, praveen polishetty wrote:
> Sir,
> I am working on FreeBSD for my research.I installed
> version 4.3 on my system.I made some changes to the
> folder sys to build my own kernel and I want to delete
> it and download the new sys folder to my system.Please
> tell me the best way in doing that or else do i need
> to install freeBSD4.3 again.I would appreciate if you
> can mail me regarding this.
> Thanks,
> praveen

If you followed the directions in the handbook, you should
have copied the file GENERIC to another file before editing
it.
If you didn't follow those directions, you should read and
follow them in the future.
If your GENERIC file is hosed (I can only assume this from
your post) you can use cvsup to get a new GENERIC file,
or download it from the ftp site.
Read the handbook sections on building custom kernels and
cvsup.  If you don't have the handbook installed on your
system, or don't know how to access it, follow the link off
the main page http://www.freebsd.org

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology technical services