Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:40:43 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: jade does not compile on current

At Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:01:32 +0200 (SAT),
John Hay wrote:
> How old is your current? I see it here on my home box which was rebuilt
> yesterday and also in the release environment of the box that builds
> the ftp.za.freebsd.org releases. (It also looks like libtool does not
> like the latest changes to expr(1), but that is another battle. :-( )

% perl -V | grep Compiled
  Compiled at Apr 16 2002 10:17:33

I'll try with latest environment today.

> > void exit(int) __attribute__((noreturn));
>
> Well this does compile and I'm building a release with it now to see if
> it will survive that. But if one can change it to this line, why not
> just leave the line out? This look pretty much the same as what is in
> stdlib.h which is included just a few lines earlier in assert.cxx.

Hmm, I don't know why this line is exist.  It may be for some system
which exit(3) throws exceptions.  Yes, I think we can ignore this line
on FreeBSD boxes.

> I'll look at that if jade does not want to work, but it looks like it
> will need more that just a setting in release/Makefile. It looks like
> I will probably have to change release/Makefile.inc.docports too?

Original Jade is not maintained anymore.  Openjade is being developped
more (relative) actively.  In some time, we should switch default DSSSL
processor for release building to openjade.

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama@FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project