Date:      Thu, 02 May 2002 01:09:42 -0600
From:      Mike Makonnen <makonnen@pacbell.net>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src UPDATING

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 20:38, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> silby       2002/05/01 19:38:18 PDT
>
>   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
>     .                    UPDATING
>   Log:
>   Remove entry about ephemeral port range change MFC, as it
>   has been un-MFC'd.
>
>   Revision   Changes    Path
>   1.73.2.65  +0 -17     src/UPDATING

Applogies if this has already been beaten to death.

It seems to me that when changes like this one (where a previously made
change is un-done) are required in UPDATING, it would be better to add
another entry stating that the change has been un-done, instead of
removing it completely from UPDATING. Simply removing the relevant entry
can potentially be confusing to users who _do_ read UPDATING. My
reasoning is as follows: if the original change was important enough to
warrant a mention, then its reversal must also be just as important.

Cheers,
Mike Makonnen.