Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:18:25 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: html mail

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:55, Tim Kellers wrote:
> html mail, yes, we all hate it...

Then why do AOL/M$ et al insist on it?  <sigh>

> I've already built "distribute" from /usr/ports/mail (and edited it to
> "see" the mailman lists directory) but, while it takes care of manually
> tossing the file to sendmail, I need a solution to make editting/pasting
> the original html files a bit easier.

KMail can't do it - yet.
However OpenOffice and StarOffice CAN.
Open your HTML document in either, and "Save As" text.
Netscrape will also do this, but not reliably.

Kmail/OO/StarO/Abiword will all accept a text file and save it as HTML quite
acceptably.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,