Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:12:49 -0600
From:      "John Nielsen" <hackers@jnielsen.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I Volunteer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Holland King" <gte743n@cad.gatech.edu>
To: <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 12:58 PM

Apparently I have the gall to say a lot of things. :)

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 12:11:43AM -0600, John Nielsen had the gall to
say:
> > looking-over.  Some reports are outdated and just need to be closed;
some
> > have a working patch included but have fallen through the cracks; and
>
> what is the proper method with dealing with these? i have found several
that
> just need to be closed and nothing more but don't know how to proceed.
> thank you.

Assuming you're not a committer, you need to bring it to the attention of
someone who is.  Add a comment with your name and contact info (as well as
why you think it should be closed if it's not obvious) to the PR.  Then, if
the PR is assigned to anyone in particular, check with them.  If not,
e-mailing the appropriate list (-stable, -current, -doc, etc) with the PR
number is usually sufficient.

JN