Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:43:13 +0200
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        Derek Barrett <derekbarrett@graffiti.net>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another long post sorry!

Derek Barrett wrote:

>Andy, I like your style, and I agree with most of what you
>have said. You seem determined to make a difference,

More out of sheer frustration.  This is something I *can* change.

> and that's what is needed on this project, since as you say, getting the approval of the higher ups just isn't possible. One thing I've learned quickly in my
>young life is sometimes it's better not to ask, and just do it. Seems
>like that's where you are going on this one. And what boggles me is that
>this is a feature that alot of people would really kill for. I am
>so surprised there is nothing in place to date!

So am I.

>I've been hoping to help out on freebsd for some time now,
>maybe this can be a good project. I'm especially interested in the
>documentation side.

Good, then I will pass you the documentation tommorrow (25.06) It is skimpy
and perhaps somewhat out of date.

These are the reasons that this never went anywhere because of the sheer
magnitude
of work and I couldn't see putting something out that was incomplete.

Andy

with "unsubscribe freebsd-cluster" in the body of the message