Date:      13 Dec 2002 15:43:45 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS Logging

Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> writes:

> a FreeBSD machine (which I have to assume, since you posted on a
> FreeBSD list :-) you can always set things up in the same manner that

It is on a FreeBSD box, yes.

> FreeBSD's own CVS repository is configured.  One of the features of
> this particular setup is that all commits are logged to files, and
> mailed to an address.

We have that working. All commits and imports are logged and mailed to
our development team.

> The article ``Setting up a CVS repository - the FreeBSD way'' by Stijn
> Hoop can help a lot with setting up a repository like this, and can be
> found at: http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/cvs-freebsd/

I've looked through that, and it only really covers logging of
incoming stuff, not of checkouts or updates.

We need to log who and when is retrieving code from our CVS servers.

--
- Wayne Pascoe
    Mary had a crypto key, she kept it in