Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:44:37 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Wayne Lubin" <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: flashpluginwrapper question

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I downloaded the flashpluginwrapper by hand. You
> > know,
> > > I went to the ftp server into the
> > flashpluginwrapper
> > > directory and simply downloaded all files to a
> > > directory that I created on my box called
> > > /usr/ports/www/flashpluginwrapper/
> > > and now when I do a make I get

> > seem
> > > to exist in /usr/ports/dist
> > > files/.
> > >
> > ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfi
> > > les/petef/.
> > > Receiving flashpluginwrapper-0.20021113.tar.gz
> > (4791
> > > bytes): 100%
> > > 4791 bytes transferred in 0.2 seconds (26.22 kBps)
> > > ===>  Extracting for flashpluginwrapper-0.20021113
> > > flashpluginwrapper-0.20021113.tar.gz.
> > > ===>  Patching for flashpluginwrapper-0.20021113
> > > -e:No such file or directory
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Stop in /usr/ports/www/flashpluginwrapper.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what is going on? Is it saying
> > that I
> > > don't have the patches? But that does not make
> > sense
> > > because I would think all of the patches should
> > have
> > > been provided in the skeleton code I downloaded.
> >
> > The files you downloaded need to be placed in
> > /usr/ports/distfiles, NOT
> > /usr/ports/www/flashpluginwrapper.
> >
> > --
> > Matt Emmerton
>

> What? NO! I downloaded the skeleton. The tarball goes
> in the distfiles directory. Look see above. The
> tarball was correctly gotten an put into the distfiles
> dir.  No, I am ok with respect to that.
>
> Wayne

You should probably update your version of /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk then.
I have a feeling you're running an older version of the ports-base code
(bsd.port.mk) and the port skeleton you downloaded is too new to use with
what you have installed.

Is there any reason you're not using cvsup to keep your ports collection in
sync?

--
Matt Emmerton