Date:      Sun, 12 Jan 2003 08:41:29 -0500
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@citusc.usc.edu>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, kde@FreeBSD.org, alpha@FreeBSD.org, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] koffice broken on alpha

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 01:02:22PM +0200, Andy Fawcett wrote:
>On Sunday 12 January 2003 03:32, AlanE wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 03:15:40AM +0200, Andy Fawcett wrote:
>
>> >(kde-freebsd team: All it does is disable --enable-final for all
>> >platforms)
>>
>> I won't commit that. The build-time speedup from final is too
>> significant. You're going to have to make the patch platform specific
>> for it to go in; you could put this in now, but I'll back it out when
>> 3.1 release gets committed.
>
>Build speed is irrelevent to me. I don't *care* how long it takes to
>build, as long as it does build. And mine works, and should work on all
>platforms.
>
>Anyway, this would now appear to be academic, since Kris's last mail
>states that the recent KOffice update in ports has screwed any chance
>of updating it and retagging.

That's my misunderstanding of his wishes. Sorry for hassle it is now
causing. I didn't read it as "don't touch", I read it as what it said,
"no sweeping changes like KDE or Gnome". And I didn't think of the
possible implications of just updating koffice.

The question is, what do we do now?

--
AlanE (Alan Eldridge)
Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.