Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:51:39 -0000 (WET)
From:      "Rui Lopes" <rui@ruilopes.com>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: need help making regexxer port

Hi!

> Lately Rui Lopes wrote:
>
>> When installing my port the binary file gets the name
>> "i386-portbld-freebsd5.0-regexxer" and not "regexxer"; this is the
>> output from make install,
>
> you want to:
> CONFIGURE_TARGET=	--target=${MACHINE_ARCH}-portbld-freebsd${OSREL}

that is the default "CONFIGURE_TARGET" value, but with that I end up with
a binary file named "i386-portbld-freebsd5.0-regexxer" and not "regexxer",
so I had to "manually" set "CONFIGURE_TARGET" to a empty value.
My question still remains, what is the right thing to do?

>> After making the port I run portlint, but it outputs a odd error,
>>
>> FATAL: COMMENT has to be there.
>>
>> all ports i've tried have this same "problem", so "all" ports are
>> wrong?  or portlint is broken?
>
> (yes and no) and no.
> infrastructure recently changed, so essentially it works like:
> COMMENT=	"<insert content from pkg-commment>"
>
> and remove pkg-comment. saves one file per port.

ah okay! I missed that part, thx! :)

>> I also have another question, How can I be sure pcre is
>> installed/build with --enable-utf8 option?
>
> i'd create a pre- or post-configure: target and add some testing code.
> if it notices that pcre isn't built like it should be for the port, tell
> the user and exit 1.
> actually i can't see any option in the pcre port that enables utf8.

humm ok, I will try that. thx.

about pcre, fbsd port of pcre does not have that option, I need to build
pcre from ports using, make install CONFIGURE_ARGS=--enable-utf8

again, thanks for your help,
-- Rui Lopes