Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:23:14 +0100
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        Doug Lee <dgl@dlee.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam and ad/popup blockers: Recommendations please

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 03:16:46PM -0400, Doug Lee wrote:
> Oops, I meant to mention I use sendmail for my MTA but sometimes
> consider switching to Postfix for ease of maintenance.

Well, MailScanner works well with Sendmail.  You run two copies (one in,
one out) -- in fact, that's how Postfix runs it too.  It sounds quite a
kludge, but I really think it's quite elegant.  A design feature is that
scanning gets more efficient as the volume of messages goes up -- many
other scanners degrade in efficiency.

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--=20
"Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain."
		-- Lily Tomlin
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jab:lewiz@jabber.org | url:http://lewiz.net |-

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw--