Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 12:23:07 +1000
From:      "Andrew Kozak" <akozak@richardflanagan.com.au>
To:        <lute@cableone.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 4.9 ?

--------------Boundary-00=_JADBQL80000000000000

Hiya Lute=0D
=0D
Thanks, I have been looking at the website, but I could only see the plan=
ned
release dates, which we have passed, and I am itching to upgrade. I have
been using FreeBSD for a couple of months now, and like you, I think it i=
the best thing since sliced bread (incidently, what was the best thing
before sliced bread ?) I use windows at work, and wish I was using FreeBS=
all the time. My personal favourite is the ports collection!! Ports rock =
:)
Can't wait to look for changes in the ports as well, I found nice suprise=
when I updated from 4.7 to 4.8 (most users here communicate with msn, I
couldn't believe my luck with AMSN, now if only there was an Autocad
compatible port ...) I love FreeBSD and hope we can educate a few more=20
downunder" as most don't seem to have heard of FreeBSD here at all.(not i=
sunny Queensland anyhow) Poor souls ! I work in the electrical industry a=
nd
the CAD ports are fantastic. I have not figured out even 1/4 of them yet =
-
but the selection appears to be well thought out, and the programs I have
played with so far are terrific. Long live the daemon :)=0D
=0D
Regards=0D
Andrew Kozak=0D
FreeBSD Rox My Sox :)=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Lute Mullenix=0D
Date: Monday, 06 October 2003 11:46:08 AM=0D
To: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org=0D
Subject: Re: 4.9 ?=0D
 =0D
On 06 Oct 2003 09:44:06 +1000=0D
Psyche101 <andy@richardflanagan.com.au> insisted:=0D
 =0D
> Hi Everyone=0D
>=0D
> I was wondering if anyone knows what is happening on 4.9 ? I had heard=0D
> it was going to be released, and I know of some people who have=0D
> installed 4.9 PreRelease, does anybody know if -STABLE is up and=0D
> running, can't wait to upgrade.:)=0D
>=0D
> Andrew Kozak=0D
 =0D
 =0D
Hey Andrew,=0D
 =0D
I have been using FBSD for a couple of years now and have found that the
RELEASE versions don't always come out when predicted, but it never reall=
bothered me as long as I have a working version to use in the mean time.
Alway kind of figured they are just squashing a few bugs before it gets t=
me. Your best bet is to just keep an eye on the web site, as the release
announcements come out there right away.=0D
 =0D
Hope you are enjoying FBSD, I know that I have been using it long enough
that I just can't see me using anything else anymore. It not only does
everything I need it to but many thing that this box will never be used f=
or.=0D
 =0D
--=0D
  Lute=0D