Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 2004 06:48:48 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        stan <stanb@panix.com>
Subject:   Re: cvsup mirror updates failing

On Monday 08 March 2004 06:31 am, stan wrote:
> ONe of my cvsup mirros is suddenly getting errors like this:
>
> SetAttrs ports/sysutils/lire/Makefile,v
> TreeList failed: Error in
> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup.client/cvs-all/checkouts.cvs ": 124218:
> Invalid file type.  Delete it and try again.
> CVSup update ends at 2004-03-08 07:41:16
>
> What is this trying to tell me? And how do I fix this?

It looks like cvsup doesn't like a line in your cvs-mirror's
checkouts.cvs;. file. It is a text file. You can edit it and remove the
line and try to update your mirror.

There have been times when people have deleted their checkouts file. The
next mirror update goes pretty slow but works. I was trying to update
my mirror with a -s option on cvsup but it didn't save anytime, so I
removed the option.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart