Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:08:30 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@hellug.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Example BSD Makefiles *outside* the src tree??

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 06:53:03AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
:
: 	.include <bsd.subdir.mk>

Here is my scenario:

I'm setting up the source tree and learning make on BSD.  Once I'm
comfortable with the build process, I have to move the code to a RH Linux
box.  I would like the makefiles to run with as little modification as
possible, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.

: I don't use gmake if I can avoid it.  Someone else should chime in
: with gmake help, if they want.

Someone commented that pmake or bsd make doesn't run well under Solaris, so
they use gmake with a dumbed-down makefile.  I think that's what I need to
do.

Jonathon
--
The beaten path is for the beaten man.