Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 22:22:00 +0200
From:      Marc Olzheim <marcolz@stack.nl>
To:        Daniel Eischen <deischen@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Floating point exceptions with -pthread

--imjhCm/Pyz7Rq5F2

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 09:51:53PM +0200, Marc Olzheim wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 03:15:06PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> > > It seems to me like something about the floorf() assembly might have
> > > something to do with it.
> >=20
> > Yeah, I was just trying to narrow down the problem a bit more.
>=20
> I've attached one that's built very tight around floorf().

Replacing floorf() in the program by:
fabs()
rintf()
sqrt()
expf()
log10f()
logf()
cosf()
powf(,)

doesn't crash.

The only two functions I found to crash are floorf() and ceilf().

Replacing all floats by doubles and using floor() or ceil() doesn't
crash either.

So it really seems to be in the floorf() and ceilf() code.

Marc

--imjhCm/Pyz7Rq5F2

--imjhCm/Pyz7Rq5F2--