Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:55:34 +0100
From:      guru@Sisis.de
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, err@polito.eu.org
Subject:   Re: OZ6832 CardBus bridge and 3Com 3c589D PCMCIA card

El día Monday, October 31, 2005 a las 10:21:48PM -0700, M. Warner Losh escribió:

> In message: <20051031161447.7af3f598@elettra.lands.raad>
>             err <err@polito.eu.org> writes:
> : Q: Is this old OZ6832 CardBus stuff still alive in FreeBSD 5.4 or will
> : Q: it work today without building a cardbus-kernel?
> :
> : I think the support of this cardbus is quite changed...
> : In sys/dev/pccbb/pccbb_pci.c your pcmcia controller seems to be
> : supported by "modern" freebsds.
> :
> : The pcmcia card is supported as usual.
>
> If the 6832 is a yenta card, like the kernel sources suggest, then
> even NEWCARD will support it.  Ah, it was the old Cirrus Logic 6829
> and 6830 bridges that have issues...

What exactly is 'NEWCARD'? in my 5.4-REL .../conf I have only:

$ ls
GENERIC         Makefile        OLDCARD         REBELION        gethints.awk
GENERIC.hints   NOTES           PAE             SMP
$

(REBELION is my tweaked kernel config);

> Try it and find out!

Yes, of course. But before that I've to add some more RAM and
a bigger harddisk to it; the old mobile has only 32 MByte and
around 3 GByte disk, which worked fine for a long time with
FreeBSD 2.2.6 (of course: no KDE, no digital fotos, no ... :-))

	matthias