Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:34:09 +0100
From:      "Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.)" <axp@shacknet.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sk0: watchdog timeout

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 07:22:17PM -0500, Nicolas Blais wrote:

> > That's great. But as I said, there's nothing I can configure on my
> > switch's side.
>=20
> Anyway, you and I aren't the only ones with the same problem, under the s=
ame=20
> circonstances.  My forcing of the TX/RX mode does speed up recovery, but=
=20
> doesn't fix the actual issue.
>=20
> The driver has a bug somewhere.  Although I'm not talented enough in driv=
er=20
> programming, but someone with skills could probably fix this.
>=20
Maybe the driver has a bug somewhere, but i also think that this marvell
chips have some design flaws, iam using one on my A8V and it 's giving me
problems in WinXp (although i didn't use it for a while), Linux (seems to
work better now in 2.6.14-mm1, but still connection losses) and freebsd too.

> Nicolas.
> --=20
> FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #2: Sat Nov 26 10:55:30 EST 2005    =20
> nicblais@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
> PGP? (updated 16 Nov 05) : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc

so far
--=20