Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:53:08 +0100
From:      Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
To:        le chapelain germain <lechapelaing@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/91230: firefox hang on gmail

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

le chapelain germain wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/91230; it has been noted by GNAT=
S.
>=20
> From: le chapelain germain <lechapelaing@yahoo.fr>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
> Cc: =20
> Subject: Re: ports/91230: firefox hang on gmail
> Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:22:17 +0100 (CET)
>=20
>  Hi
> =20
>  Here is more information, the problem occur when I
>  compile firefox using the flag -ffast-math.
> =20
>  If it is of any help, here is the kind of message I
>  receive using that flag and output..
> =20
>  So my guess is the fix is : don't use -ffast-math.

Yes. It is generally a bad idea to use custom CFLAGS in ports. While many t=
hings
may work, others will break in spectacular (or even worse: subtle) ways.

So, just stick to the defaults and you should be fine. I even doubt that yo=
u will
gain a measurable performance increase for most applications. On a desktop =
system,
the only interesting things might be multimedia applications, but many of t=
hem
(e.g. mplayer) provide a WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS option, that enable a safe s=
et of
extra flags...

--=20
Best regards / Viele Gr=FC=DFe,                             barner@FreeBSD.=