Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:44:42 +0200
From:      Borja Marcos <BORJAMAR@SARENET.ES>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        performance@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DNS Performance Numbers

>> I am running some performance tests on named to see how it performs
>> with different configurations on FreeBSD and figured I would share
>> the
>> first results.  The first tests are  for serving up static data.
>
> I added this to
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/BenchmarkMatrix

According to the bind9 port makefile, using threads is _not_
recommended. Specifically, it seems it's a recommendation from ISC

# ISC staff has informed me that for 9.3.x, threads are always a bad
idea.
# Leave the affirmative option for those that want to experiment.

It would be a good idea to add this note. It's good to experiment
with performance, but people running production servers should be
aware of this restriction.

Borja.