Date:      Tue, 15 May 2007 08:46:08 +0100
From:      Jason Thomson <jason.thomson@mintel.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        joe mcguckin <joe@via.net>, Olivier Mueller <om-lists-bsd@omx.ch>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell 1950 won't cleanly reboot

John Baldwin wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 August 2006 07:11:13 pm Olivier Mueller wrote:
>
>>hello,
>>
>>On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 17:43 -0700, joe mcguckin wrote:
>>
>>>shutdown -r hangs most of the time.
>>>I have a spare machine to lend someone in the SF bay area if that
>>>would help...
>>
>>Have you made any progress on this issue yet?
>

> Are people still seeing this issue?  I MFC'd some recent fixes to the shutdown
> code a week or so ago that may or may not help.

It was a while ago now,  but IIRC:

We had some problems with these machines until we re-enabled the
keyboard controller.

(They come with USB keyboards,  and the RAC simulates a USB controller,
but the atkbdc driver is involved in resetting the machine?)

This is from a January 07 build,  so doesn't include latest patches.