Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:33:36 -0500
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        Roman Divacky <rdivacky@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        svn-src-projects@FreeBSD.org, src-committers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r214360 - projects/binutils-2.17/contrib/binutils/bfd

On 10/26/10 05:11, Roman Divacky wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 09:49:59PM +0000, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
>
>> Author: nwhitehorn
>> Date: Mon Oct 25 21:49:59 2010
>> New Revision: 214360
>>
>> Log:
>>    Fix a manifestation of GCC bug 16625 that caused ld>= 2.17 to fail on
>>    64-bit PowerPC when linking multiple C++ files referencing the same
>>    method, defined in a common header, when that method had a switch
>>    statement with more than 4 cases. This change fixes compilation of LLVM
>>    tblgen on 64-bit PPC with binutils 2.17.
>>
> was this manifested when using clang too?

No, clang does not seem to emit the .got relocation into a linkonce
section that triggered the bug. You may also be interested to know that
the clang I am able to build once this patch is applied produces working
binaries on 64-bit PowerPC, though there are serious code gen problems
(in clang, not LLVM) that prevent it from building even trivial bits of
world like ls with optimization above -O0.
-Nathan