Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2010 03:22:18 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        =?utf-8?Q?Ulrich_Sp=C3=B6rlein?= <uqs@spoerlein.net>
Cc:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tricky subversion import, what to do?

On 7 Nov 2010, at 21:29, Ulrich Sp=C3=B6rlein <uqs@spoerlein.net> wrote:
>=20
> As I wrote, that's beside the point and not the question at hand. How/wher=
e should it end up in our tree? Is it vendor code? Is it contrib code? And i=
f so how to bootstrap the correct subversion history ...

It is FreeBSD code so it is already in the right place in the tree. My git r=
epository started life as a personal scratch repository which I used for mai=
ntaining the in-tree unifdef. It has grown its own release infrastructure fo=
r the convenience of its Linux users (there have been a lot of contributions=
 from Debian). Because of this a lot of the changes are irrelevant to FreeBS=
D so I have not kept the FreeBSD version strictly in sync.

Please don't mess around with it because you'll just make my maintenance job=
 harder.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/=