Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:07:19 -0200
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        draymond@foxvalley.net
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: new support for Raspberry Pi B+

On 22 October 2014 18:06,  wrote:
>>> There was a recent update to the Raspberry Pi wiki here:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Raspberry%20Pi

>> That was the date when the fix was committed, it only means it will be
>> included on the images created after that date.
>>
>> But yes, this is an oversight because i don't know how frequently the
>> images are updated.
>>
>> Sorry but we have to wait.
>

> Luiz, I was able to test your changes by overwriting the boot files on an
> existing image (FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20140918-r271779.img).
> Your commit notes mention that you made some fixes regarding SD card
> compatibility.  However, I am still having problems with my SD cards.

That is just part of the fix, you also need r273264 which isn't
included on the image you're using.

Right now the only way to test the fix is building your own image.

> I have a 16GB Transcend that gives me intermittent boot failures ("Mounting
> from ufs:/dev/mmcsd0s2a failed with error 19").  I am able to suppress those
> failures as follows:
>
> echo 'hw.bcm2835.sdhci.hs="0"' >> /boot/loader.conf
>
> I also have a 32GB SanDisk that fails consistently during boot:
>
> mmcsd0: Error indicated: 1 Timeout
> g_vfs_done():mmcsd0s2a[READ(offset=852987904, length=4096)]error = 5
> vnode_pager_getpages: I/O read error
> vm_fault: pager read error, pid 1 (init)
>
> I have not found a way to resolve this one.

Well, i don't think this patch is going to fix everything but it
should help with some cards. So you'll need to redo the tests when the
new image is available and then let us know :)

Luiz