Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:16:37 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Matt Sykes <matt-sykes@excite.com>
Subject:   Re: install boot hangs

Hi Matt!

On  6 Oct 01 at 18:53 you wrote:

> I guess I don't understand exactly what AHA Bios is, and why FreeBSD
> in particular doesn't like it (since linux and windows don't seem to
> mind).

I guess it's Adaptec onboard SCSI BIOS. I remember you mentioning
earlier in the thread that your mobo is P2L97-DS. This sounds like
ASUS (I have one without the "-DS"), in which case the "S" should
mean integrated SCSI.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* To define recursion, we must first define recursion.