Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 2000 08:52:36 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: build tools as separate distribution

-On [20000831 00:01], Poul-Henning Kamp (phk@critter.freebsd.dk) wrote:
>4. Sysinstall does a hell of a good job for a lot of people and
>   has done so for many years by now.  They are used to it and
>   know how to get the job done with it.

I just had someone congratulate us on our 4.x sysinstall.  He mainly
deals and dealt with Linux, Solaris and Windows and he just loves the
way it works.  And most of my colleagues at the tech department also
love the sysinstall.  And even my `I-have-never-used-Unix-before'
colleagues at the helpdesk can install FreeBSD.

There are obviously two ways to look at this issue:

- programmer view

- user view

and from a user point of view sysinstall is actually pretty good.  It
does what needs to be done and without moaning.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best