Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:23:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul Clayton <paulc@unihold.co.za>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD for DEC Alpha

On 27-Mar-00 Paul Clayton wrote:
> Help,
>
> I have a project that is coming up using the latest DEC Alpha Servers, and
> FreeBSD.
>
> Where can I get info on what hardware versions and configurations are
> supported. I have not found anything worth while on your site.

Hmmm, you can look at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/4.0-RELEASE/HARDWARE.TXT
You will have to scroll about halfway down to get to the part where the Alpha
hardware requirements start, however.

If you still need help, you can try the freebsd-alpha list.

> Is there an ISO image of the Alpha port available?

Look in ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/ISO-IMAGES/.