Date:      Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:56:50 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Don Wilde <Don@Partsnow.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shy netscape?

On Monday, 20 July 1998 at  8:06:36 +0000, Don Wilde wrote:
> Hi, folks!
> 	A strange thing happened to my communicator 4.04. I was playing with
> net config to add a point-to-point link for loading a laptop, and when I
> went back to my big system to log onto my provider, I couldn't get
> communicator to show its windows. It loads and seems to run, eating vast
> amounts of CPU and memory, but the windows never open. I put everything
> else back, dropped the other interfaces, etc, but it still is not happy.
> Any ideas?

It's a bug.  I get this so often that I use the workaround as a matter
of course.  Edit the file .netscape/preferences.js and remove the line
which says:

user_pref("browser.startup.license_accepted", "1004 4.04");

Then restart netscape.  You'll get the "Accept license?" screen again,
but it will work.

Greg