Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 14:24:34 -0500
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make installworld across NFS fails on libtelnet.a not found.

I just had the same problem about a half-hour ago under the same circumstances.
I don't know how to fix it, but I tried compiling a GENERIC kernel and it worked
fine.

-Brandon

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> all,
>
> make installworld across NFS fails on libtelnet.a not found.
>
> For some reason this has happened many times in the past.  Why would the
> static library be there in some cases and not in others?  I looked under
> /usr/obj/usr/src/lib and could find no sign of libtelnet ever being
> built.  I was trying to upgrade a 3.0-RELEASE machine, which I was able
> to do easily only a couple of weeks ago with 3.0-STABLE.  Now I am
> trying to upgrade to 3.1-BETA, same thing really.
>
> FWIW.  I mount /usr/src and /usr/obj as NFS mounts on the client machine
> and then run make installworld in /usr/src.
>
> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy@visi.com

bfoz@starfleet.umd.edu
"In life there are those who steer, and those who push"
"I'm not impatient, the world is too slow"
"Life is short, so have fun, play hard, and leave a good looking corpse"