Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:44:32 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        xvudpapc <xvudpapc@savba.savba.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting FS image files (was: Juraj)

[Please give your messages useful Subject lines]

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 01:35:57AM +0100, xvudpapc wrote:
> Can you please give me a command how to mount iso file made by mkhybrid
> in FreeBSD? (I mean mounting it and seeing it as an ordinary file
> system. Linux is using a loop device for this). Thank you.

You want the vn device.  See "man vn" and "man vnconfig".  Also, make
sure to add the devices to your kernel before trying to use them.
Support for vn is not enabled by default.

-- Brooks

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"