Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:03:10 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for review: new pccard.conf scheme

In message <38E18330.64B77221@newsguy.com> "Daniel C. Sobral" writes:
: Expect the best, plan for the worst. It is better to introduce the
: version number keyword, and then find out it was too late than _not_
: introduce the keyword and find out it wasn't.

No.  Let's NOT complicate pccardd any more than we have to.  It is
going to die and the less we do to it, the more we can do to NEWCARD.

Besides, if the worst does happen, then we can add a version flag
later.  If no version is present, it is by default version 1, just
like now.

I'm very strongly opposed to this.

Warner