Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 2015 20:54:05 +0100
From:      "Herbert J. Skuhra" <herbert@oslo.ath.cx>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 10-STABLE buildworld fails at very early stage

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 09:42:56PM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello Lev,
>
> Friday, October 30, 2015, 4:47:31 PM, you wrote:
>
> >   Looks like some problem with Makefile, as here is creation of /bin
> > and /usr "legacy" directories.
>  I've found this:
>  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-August/043439.html
>  and it looks like my case exactly (but on -STABLE!).
>
>  "svn status" doesn't show that there is something not-checked-out in
>  "/usr/src" and, yes, this is very surprising to have some build-generated
>  files in /usr/src!

OK, I couldn't reproduce this because I am not building as root.
Building as root and setting MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in src.conf is creating:

/usr/src/tools/build/.depend
/usr/src/tools/build/libegacy.a
/usr/src/tools/build/pwcache.o

% svnlite status --no-ignore
?       tools/build/.depend
I       tools/build/libegacy.a
I       tools/build/pwcache.o

There is already a check for MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in make.conf:

make: "/usr/src/Makefile" line 138: MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX can only be set in
environment, not as a global (in make.conf(5)) or command-line variable.

No idea how to add SRCCONF to the check.

--
Herbert