Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 11:45:32 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabami.seaslug.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2: make install 'fails' ...

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 11:29:11AM -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:
> I installed kde2 from the port yesterday. One of the problems is
> flip-floping from kde-2.x to kde-1.x. It wouldn't be to bad if you
> could do a make deinstall from kdk2 and a make reinstall from kde11
> and have it work. What you end up having to do is delete them all and
> remake from scratch. The only thing you save is the fetching time.

Well...I'm trying to do this

	cd /usr/ports/x11/kde2
	make PREFIX=/usr/X11R6/kde2

so I can hopefully flip to kde2 by just altering which kdm I run and
adjusting my $PATH value to point at the new dir tree first.  The
above has finished, but it looks like the LIB_DEPENDS is shorter than
the RUN_DEPENDS for that meta-port...I found that out when I saw that
complete successfully and went to go do a 'make install'.  Now it's
busy fetching kdebase...

Of course, time (and luck) will tell if the above plan will work...
:-))

--
Scott Blachowicz