Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 16:20:54 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 1460D Adaptec, aic1 .. where's da device ??

In message <3961C8F5.E907DA6D@newsguy.com> "Daniel C. Sobral" writes:
: Peter Radcliffe wrote:
: >
: > Have you rescanned the bus ? How you rescan the SCSI bus has changed
: > between 3.4 and 4.0, both of which support the Adaptec card. You
: > didn't actually say what OS version you're running (it generally
: > helps), but since you mention 'da0' I assume 4.0 and you should do;
: >
: >   camcontrol rescan 0
:
: Current pccardd.conf has camcontrol rescan in there. It's an incorrect
: command line, since it passes "aicX" instead of "0" (as it has no way of
: knowing what bus it is), but this is turned into a 0 by atoi(), so it
: works. I thought -stable had it too.

Yes.  I personally think it is a bug with camcontrol.  However, I'll
have to talk to Ken when I see him next.  Maybe he'd consider fixing
this, especially if he gets patches to do that :-)

Warner