Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 23:50:35 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnome2 terminal will not work right

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 11:30:34PM -0800, Lars Eggert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this may be unrelated, but for about ten days or so, I have problems
> where gnometerminal will stop updating after a while. I can still use
> the menus, close it, etc. - but all output is suspended. Most of the
> time, selecting "Reset" from the menu repeatedly will eventually get me
> back to a working state again. It also seems that pasting multi-line
> text into a gnometerminal (as opposed to typing or it displaying output)
> will trigger this frequently.

<AOL>Me too</AOL>

I tend to think it happens more often with maximized windows than
not and also when long lines are involved. A reset most of the time
gets me back, but I do occasionally have to kill gnome-terminal
completely when all the terminals are dead. Unfortunately I don't
have the time to dig into it, but I'm probably going to switch
window manager and see if that makes a difference. For some reason
I'm suspicious about Metacity. Not necessarily because of this...

JFYI,