Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:33:03 -0400
From:      Eddie Leisure <eddie@angryeddie.cn>
To:        "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem using adhoc mode using the iwn driver.

Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> Look at iwn source code, IBSS cap is commented out.
> Either this issue should be addressed or man page should be updated.
Thanks for your help here, it never occurred to me to check the source,
I'm still a bit of a newbie at this.

Deleted the #if 0...#endif block around the code in if_iwn.c and recompiled.
Running it form the console this time and I can see the error "iwn0:
IBSS mode not supported" - so it still doesn't seem to be working.  I
checked over the rest of the source and I don't see anything obvious in
the header files either.

I think I'm dancing around my limits here, I think I'll just have to
find a different way to connect this machine, or just get a usb adapter.

Just to make sure I'm on track here, i did a kldunload if_iwn, then ran
make, then did a kldload if_iwn - this is the first time for me to
recompile a kernel module so I want to make sure I'm not messing this up.

It somewhat makes sense for it not to work though, I assume theres a
reason it was commented out to begin with.

Eddie