Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:03:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Per Kristian Hove <perhov+abuse@math.ntnu.no>
To:        Jim King <king@sstar.com>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Y2K wierdness??

[Jim King]

|  DOS epoch == UNIX epoch from the point of view of a C program using the C
|  RTL, but DOS's "native" epoch is 1/1/1980, and that's how you have to
|  interpret dates in msdosfs directory entries.

Which directory entry? :-)

The root directory entry for a msdosfs does not have a ".", so when
stat()ing a msdosfs, the result is faked by the kernel. See
msdosfs_lookup() in sys/msdosfs/msdosfs_lookup.c.

Sorry, this doesn't belong in freebsd-stable. I'll shut up now.

--
Per Kristian Hove
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU