Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 21:16:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Knoll <knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Ron Echeverri <rone@B1FF.nas.nasa.gov>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Requisite steps for tracking -stable

I track -stable, and am "limitedly" interested in it.  I try to keep up
with it, but school and work sometimes halt all efforts.  I have found
myself several times without an answer to compile problems in -stable.  I
was recently introduced to the version comments cvsup
keeps(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi).  I was wondering, after
cvsup'ing, is there anyway to get that information emailed, or stored on
only those files that have changed?  So, I get that information mailed to
me after I cvsup, including all new changes.  I think that would be a
great way to track -stable.  I could read all about the little changes.
Also, maybe those comments could scream at you more if it's a critical
change that needs attention, like messages that require attention before
'make buildworld'ing.

Just my thoughts, not sure on the capablity of this, feel free to shoot it
down.