Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:16:50 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, squigly@flashmail.com
Subject:   Re: xorg/xfree on intel 865G (HP evo d530)

--nextPart1309337.MZXa2LHrRi

On Friday, 10. December 2004 17:57, squigly@flashmail.com wrote:
> I've seen a few (too few) post on this subject but no
> answers.
>
> I have a HP EVO d530 with integrated VGA adapter based on
> the intel 865G (using the i810 module).
>
> I get the following error message when starting X:
>
> (EE) I810(0): No Video BIOS modes for chosen depth.
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

=46rom the i810 manpage:

       The  driver  makes use of the video BIOS to program video modes for =
the
       830M and later.  This limits the video modes that can be used to  th=
ose
       provided  by the video BIOS, and to those that will fit into the amo=
unt
       of video memory that the video BIOS is aware of.

So, have you tried some rather low resolutions with low colordepth (like=20
640x480 in 8bpp) as well? If something like that worked you could try highe=
r=20
res and higher colordepths.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org