Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:12:28 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using pf to force different outgoing IP address depending on UNIX user/group for locally originating connection?

--nextPart2819626.d8X9xb8gNQ

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 20:54, Eduard Vopicka wrote:
> My goal is to use pf to force (via NAT) different IP outgoing addresses
> depending on UID and/or GID of the program establishing the connection, f=
or
> connections originating locally on machine with FreeBSD 5.4. (I do not
> expect this to work for setuid/setgid programs.)

Did you consider just useing jail(8) to jail the processes to the specific =
IP. =20
This should be most performant and also easy to setup (depending on your=20
configuration requirements).  If you are concerned with daemons here it's a=
=20
matter of perpending "jail / hostname IP" to the startup script, if you are=
=20
concerned with real useres it's a bit more complicated, but there are dozen=
s=20
of tutorials on the web.

=2D-=20