Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:32:58 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: burncd error?

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:21:11 -1000, Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net> wrote:
> Install fails from these burned discs.
>
> Error message.
>
> acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG MEDIUM ERROR asc=0x11

Defective media?

> /dev/acd0c used to work. Now you have to use /dev/acd0  (no c) to get
> burncd  to work.

As far as I remember, /dev/acd0 instead of /dev/acd0c is to be used
as device file for burning and reading since FreeBSD 5.0.

> Can somebody enlighten me please.

1. Maybe you can try blank media from another manufacturer?

2. Maybe you can try another burning program (cdrecord)?

3. Maybe you can try to burn at a lower speed?

Just some ideas...

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany