Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:47:49 -0400
From:      Sean Cavanaugh <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
To:        <raggen@raggens.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: CUPS wont print inside GNOME

> Date: Fri=2C 31 Oct 2008 17:58:06 +0100
> From: 240olofsson@telia.com
> To: millenia2000@hotmail.com
> CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: CUPS wont print inside GNOME
>=20
> Sean Cavanaugh skrev:
> > I have the latest GNOME installed from ports and have the odd issue of =
CUPS not wanting to work with it right.
> >=20
> > If i access the CUPS web configuration page=2C i can print test pages j=
ust fine and not a single issue=2C but if i try and print a test page from =
inside GNOME=2C including trying with the gnome-cups-manager port=2C it wil=
l stop and present the following error
> > "/usr/local/libexec/cups/filter/pstoraster failed"this error will carry=
 over to the web interface and those jobs are pretty much hosed=2C yet i ca=
n create a test print from web interface even when this error is present.
> >=20
> > I do notice that test pages from web interface come from user "anonymou=
s" whereas test pages from gnome-cups-manager are from the respected user t=
hat ran it.
> > even root is unable to print from inside gnome.
> >=20
> > -Sean
> >=20
sd.org"
> >=20
> >=20
-30 14:35
> >=20
>=20
> Hi Sean=2C
>=20
> I assume you have cups-pstoraster installed? It should be installed when=
=20
> installing CUPS itself.
>=20
> If you built Gnome from source you should have this in /etc/make.conf
>=20
> CUPS_OVERWRITE_BASE=3Dyes
> NO_LPR=3Dyes
> WITH_CUPS=3Dyes
>=20
> /Roger

i have cups-pstoraster installed. like i said=2C i can get a test page to p=
rint fine from the CUPS web page=2C just not if it was initialized inside g=
nome even though i do see the print jobs sitting in the queue for the print=
er with status "Stopped". Restarting the jobs doesnt help them any either.

i installed everything from ports but my make.conf file is a little bare

UnKnown# less /etc/make.conf=20
# added by use.perl 2008-10-23 14:57:35
PERL_VER=3D5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=3D5.8.8